Brand new monitor - constant flickering

kr1kit

Honorable
May 22, 2016
So I just bought an ASUS PG279Q and an MSI GTX 1070 and installed them today. My monitor is having issues right now where it is flickering whenever I open up a program or a game. I've tried both my benchmarking software, and Rainbow Six Siege, and whenever I'm in something like that my monitor flickers constantly.

Any advice? This is driving me insane.

Belphegore

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
Sounds like a problem with the GPU rather than the monitor. Especially if it's within programs and games, and not videos or general browsing or use.

My R9 290x ended up flickering heavily in benchmarking programs, and I ended up having to RMA it. Sounds like there's a compressor that isn't functioning properly.

If you have access to another monitor, try it. Or try the monitor in a different port (like HDMI if you're using a DVI cable). Otherwise, I'd replace the card.

kr1kit

Honorable
May 22, 2016
Sorry I should clarify that this only happens when I set the monitor refresh rate to anything higher than 60hz... If I leave it at 60hz, I'm fine, but higher than that and the flickering begins. And this occurs when I am not in-game as well, if the refresh rate is set to anything above 60hz.