GTX 1060 Folding At Home/F@H/FAH PPD and Performance

brainstormplatform

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Here is my build's folding performance:

i5 6600K (slot 0): 2142 PPD. Without the graphics card installed, the i5 gets around 21,000 PPD. Keep in mind that one CPU core is consumed for each Nvidia card you have installed. Package temp sits at about 45 degrees Celsius in a mid-tower, ATX case.

GTX 1060 (slot 1): 398,123 PPD. These numbers are found with the clock speeds at which the card runs at out of the box. (It runs in Gaming mode, or Gigabyte's "better-than-ECO-mode-but-not-as-good-as-OC-mode" mode). While running at the Gaming mode's clock speeds, the card will sometimes jump to ~430K PPD, but it really depends on the project that F@H's servers give you. GPU temperatures range from 61 to 67 degrees Celsius. The fans run (completely silently) when GPU temperatures reach above 52+ degrees Celsius. Coil whine is minimal, but present; you can hear it 1-2 inches away from the card.

Anyways, I did this because while I was shopping for a graphics card just last week, and it came to my attention that many people have been asking about the folding performance of the GTX 1060; but no one actually had a solid number to give. I'm creating this thread to (hopefully) help better inform those who are interested in the PPD yield of Nvidia's GTX 1060.
For anyone who comes across this post and just so happens to also OWN a GTX 1060, PLEASE post your build, PPD yield, as well as temperatures if you want to. It will really help others!

To all those who lacked information on the folding performance of the GTX 1060, I hope I was able to provide you with some insight into the performance of the GP106 GPU.

System:

• Asus Z170-E mobo
    i5 6600K, 4.2 GHz @ 1.2V
    Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB
    16GB of Crucial DDR4 RAM
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue HDD
    Antec 750 Watt Gold Rated Non-modular PSU