Windows 10 wont boot

i1337bamf

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
right, so my pc has decided not to boot past a blue screen with a white spinning circle of dots, leading up to this i had accidentally downloaded a virus and immediately went about deleting it, got it gone, then found that i couldn't open any apps from the all apps drop down via the start menu, couldn't load the windows store or anything, when to open the app it does a little resize as normal to confirm its been clicked but then nothing would happen, so i restarted my pc and it just wouldnt boot up past the blue screen, tried the windows automatic repair and it couldnt repair it, only options it would give were to turn off the PC or advanced options, went into cmd and tried to repair the boot files (memorys a bit foggy about all the technical names, been at it for 4 hours and its now 1:30am, very tired and not very good with this technical stuff to begin with).
the one time it gave me an error code from auto repair it was "/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt", unless anyone has any suggestions i can tell you if ive tried them or not, was thinking factory reset the pc and reinstall windows, only the thing is i have two drives, my ssd which is the main drive with windows and my hdd which is internal but has all the big files like games etc, just dont want to wipe the hdd, only want to factory reset the ssd, would just a normal factory reset leave the hdd untouched or would i just need to open the pc and unplug it?
Also after booting to windows repair tool thing it is unable to refresh the pc and unable let to reset the pc as a partition is missing.

Solution
If you had a virus, time to nuke the system and do a full reformat and reinstall. Do NOT have any drives connected that you don't want formatted until you finish the reformat+reinstall and also get proper antivirus!