Bios Glitching and Windows 10 Refuses to Boot

labarge3

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Hi all,

I recently built a PC with the following specs: Intel i5 6500 (3.2 GHz), Geforce FTX 1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2133 RAM, and a B150 Gaming M3 Motherboard.

Long story short, everything worked fine with the build the first day I made it. I installed Windows 10, upgraded it to the most recent version, installed drivers, and started installing and playing games on it. Everything ran beautifully and like I had hoped it would.

Then, when I went to boot up the computer this morning, the Windows logo appeared onscreen and then the screen went dark and I was unable to communicate with the computer. I restarted and checked the BIOS screen. Only half of the BIOS screen had loaded and I was unable to access most of its features (I had no problem with BIOS yesterday). The screen looks like this: http://imgur.com/jSoRcTi

There is no indication in the upper right-hand corner that there is a recognized MB, CPU, and the DDR Voltage is half of what it should be. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here? Is this a problem with a motherboard, the power supply, CPU? Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
bios screen looks like its showing a quarter of the screen size it should be. If you look at This shot, you can see what it should look like, but I guess you know that.

try plugging monitor into the onboard Graphics and see if bios shows normal then. See if windows boots as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
bios screen looks like its showing a quarter of the screen size it should be. If you look at This shot, you can see what it should look like, but I guess you know that.

try plugging monitor into the onboard Graphics and see if bios shows normal then. See if windows boots as well.

Solution