Hard Drive Swap Problems

EvilKenevil

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Hello, Professionals around TomsHARDWARE Forum.

Today, I have finally got a new computer in the garage where I work, I have taken are old laptop home with me too which I hoped too repair. The old hard drive in the laptop was broken from running 24/7 and weather drops.

I have a smashed up screened computer sat in my cupboard and I have taken the hard drive out of that which functions perfectly and I have then put it into the work laptop, I started it up and it worked perfectly, I logged in and it went in fine.

Heres the problem, I am struggling too get wireless or Ethernet too work, and it seems like the drivers are out of date, I have tried and failed many times but with no fix.

Need more details, please ask. I appreciate any help which you experts give too me in solving this issue.

Workshop pc specs,Toshiba satellite pro c50-a-137
Intel core i5-3230m CPU @ 2.60ghz turbo boosted 2.0
4 GB RAM
Old Hard drive - Toshiba -500gb, New hard drive Hitachi -250gb

Both laptops are made by TOSHIBA

Hi there EvilKenevil,

Are you trying to boot from a drive that has an OS, which was installed on another system?
If this is the case, then I believe you will need to perform clean OS installation, as no matter the brand, both computers have different hardware.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

EvilKenevil

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

Thanks for the reply, D_Know_WD! What I have actually done is I did deep surgery within the computer and I opened it entirely up and I have replaced the actual wireless chipset inside. I am also in contract with Microsoft about this right now. I appreciate the answer, and I am thinking about doing a clean boot, but I don't have any installation disks, usbs