[Help quickly please] Diskpat -> clean but I don't know how to activate it again?

Kahlo kahlow

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Hi, so I need help fast please. I typed the ''clean'' command on diskpart and it worked. It shows no volume for the hard drive and I can see the disk but it shows 0 bytes everywhere. I went to disk management, it shows the disk but it says it's not initialized and I can initialize it since it says it's not read yet. I can see the hard drive on mini partition tool wizard too but I really just don't know how to ''activate'' or ''initialize'' it. I tried to ''create -> volume -> simple'' but it doesn't work. I'm sure I'm missing 1 step that I don't know about. Thanks.

Kahlo kahlow

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

Here's what I did exactly: I went to cmd as admin, I selected VOLUME that was the same space as the hard drive, I used the clean command and that's where I'm blocked. I did not select DISK and then clean. I don't know if it matters.

in a different command window
type

mountvol

find the volume based on the drive letter, if one is assigned

mounting command looks like this

MOUNTVOL I: \\?\Volume{0006aebf-e9d0-90b1-b9a8-d1017e5d0d00}\

clean shouldnt have given your drive 0gb.

Kahlo kahlow

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

I'm telling you. That's what it did.
5m1zfufoj

https://postimg.org/image/5m1zfufoj/

Basically, disk 1 used to be 595 GB and in there's no volumes for the cleaned disk. Volume 0,1 and 2 are my mom's laptop hard drive. I'm using it to clean the hard drive. Sorry if it's in french.

*UPDATE*, so I used an other computer now the hard drive shows 596 GB when I do list disk, I managed to create a partition (primary) and now it shows FS RAW. So now I just format it as NTFS and I can install windows or can I do it through the windows 10 installation process? For some reasons it seems it shows 0 byes on my moms laptop.

*UPDATE 2* I have accidentally pressed enter after typing format.... ugh now I'm going to have to wait a long time.

But yeah, I still need help please. What do I do after I can see the volume as RAW and it doesn't have a letter assigned to it?

go into disk management
find the disk below where it shows the partition blocks.
delete any volumes including the raw ones.
it should say unallocated.
right click unallocated space and there will be an option for New Simple Volume which will guide you through creating the volume.

Kahlo kahlow

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

How do I do that in command prompt. The hard drive is not connected to the laptop anymore since it didn't seem to properly recognize it. I'm using the integrated command prompt from windows 10 bootable drive thing.

*UPDATE* Nvm, I made it. I did ''format fs=ntfs quick'' on the selected volume (596 GB). I'm gonna try and install now. If there's any problem I'll come back. Thanks for the help so far.