Slowed down performance in CSGO.

BlakeG

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
I have been playing csgo for around 2 years now, when I started my internet was awful because my ISP was screwing me over. I got it fixed and for the last year I would have 80 ping or less and at least 200 fps. Ever since one of the last updates to windows I have been getting only 30 fps and 150 ping.

A few other things that could be causing problems is my new motherboard change. This does not really make since though because the slowed performance is only in csgo. Also I just got a phone and installed itunes and I don't know if that is known to cause performance hits on games but it still would not make since.

I have changed my video settings all the way from high to low and it has no effect what so ever. No matter what it is always around 30fps. Vsync is not on and my monitor is set to a 120 refresh rate.

I have reinstalled the game and verified my game cache. I have tried to downgrade to an earlier version of windows but apparently I can't because it has been 10 days (which is has not).

Here are my specs:

GPU: Amd r9 290x vapor x 8gb
CPU: Amd fx 8350 8 core 4.0ghz
MB: AsRock 990fx extreme 9
HDD- 1x2TB

I really do not know what to do at this point. Please help and thank you!

BlakeG

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Another really weird thing I should mention I think. Ever since the update, moving files is basically impossible. I try to move a file from one place to another and it just gets stuck at 0%. I cancel the move and the file kinda just dissapears for awhile till it desides to come back.

Was the previous mobo the same model you have now? otherwise you need to make a fresh installation of windows or you'll have that sort of performance issues due to driver issues.

Those copying issues could have the same root as mentioned above, however it could also be a failure in your HDD, 1st make sure you have no driver issues and then run a chkdsk /F on your HDD partitions.

BlakeG

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

My motherboard is not the same kind, but the problem did not start occuring until after around one month of having my new motherboard installed. Do you think I should still do a clean install at this point?

I just did the chkdsk /F and the problem is still occuring.

I'd say so, even if somehow your previous drivers have worked ok for your new mobo, the fact that now you can't even copy/move files around is a hard problem you shouldn't have. The clean install will get rid of any software issue which hopefully is the only problem.

BlakeG

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
So I did end up doing a fresh install of windows (I did not keep any of my files cause I was way to lazy to create a back up) and it fixed it. Time to spend a year redownloading all my games and apps!

TRENDING THREADS