ASUS VG248QE Blurry, Vertical Lines on Monitor that occur Sometimes after turning the monitor off and on

Grant56810

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
My Monitor: ASUS VG248QE

The problem is that every once and a while, when I leave my computer, I will turn off the monitor and turn it back on when I need it, like most people. However, about 1/4 of the time when I turn the monitor back on, these blurry lines that seem to be vertical appear on the screen, which severely distorts all text and icons on the screen. Weirdly enough, the display's menu opened from the monitor's button is perfectly clear and suffers no blur, however I cannot find a way to make the rest of the screen clear. When I un-plug and re-plug the monitor's DisplayPort cable or I change the resolution, the monitor goes black with a marker that says "Displayport | No Signal" and the only way I can fix it after then is to restart the computer, which has always worked, proving it's not the cable being broken. Any ideas on what might've caused this and how I can fix it?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention my Graphics Card was the G1 Windforce Gaming GTX 970.

Here's a YT video depicting the blurry lines:
https://youtu.be/py2tUKnxtOA

Thanks,
Grant

Grant56810

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

I don't think it's the cable because I remember this happening even when I had HDMI cables. Also, it certainly wouldn't be the cables because as stated, the monitor's menu still works fine, un-blurry. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)