ASUS VG248QE DVI-D Dual Link Cable "missing" according to monitor

tirakyalidoktor

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
I've been using Displayport for my pc since i bought it. The cable stopped working so i bought a DVI-D Dual Link as a replacement 'till the new DP Cable arrives. When plugged in the DVI-D Dual Link cable and trying to set my monitor refreshment rate to 144hz it says "cable incorrect Please use Dual Link DVI cable" Now im sure that the cable im using is a dvi-d dual link cable and the monitor is able to produce 144hz but what im not sure of is that did i placed the cable right? i did not screw those right-left things but afterall it did plug in, displayed the screen.

Help me guys PLEASE! Since buying the computer the only problems im dealing with are with these cables.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Where did you buy the "DVI-Dual Link" cable?

If your rig is telling you it's an incorrect cable, it likely is.

The only elements at play are your GPU and monitor - if your GPU drivers are up to date (and it can display 144Hz over DisplayPort), then there's a good chance it is the cable that's at fault.

All I can suggest, is to buy another DVI-D from a reputable source, and try that.

tirakyalidoktor

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
I bought it from an online-reseller from the site "Gittigidiyor" associated with e-bay anyway this is the product:http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/taki-saat/dvi-d-24-1-pin-dual-link-altin-uclu-dijital-goru-229846854

Cable is from a company called Ti-Mesh never heard of them but its hard to find a proper cable where i live. I bought another DP Cable as i've mentioned and this is only a re-placement but i suspect DisplayPort on my monitor is dead and if so it's a dead end.

Graphics card is MSI GTX 1070 and Drivers are up to date

tirakyalidoktor

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
This is what it looks like;http://i.imgur.com/Aq31wIn.jpg

And it was around 15 dollar. I can always request for a re-fund after being sure that this is a copycat and not the cable that seller claimed it was.

tirakyalidoktor

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
Well GPU has only one DVI port so thats not the case. DP Cable arrived and the port is dead very unfortunately, not a problem with GPU tried all 3 ports on it. I dont know how to replace a dead-port on a monitor :D Not sure if the company i bought would replace the port or the monitor itself since it still has its warranty.

tirakyalidoktor

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
HDMI works i've been using it since the first cable broke or atleast i thought it did. And i didnt exactly understand what you mean by other devices etc.

I have not conclude in anything its just what seems likely to be my problem since there is nothing else i can think of. If you can run another idea about it i would love to hear it

DVI-D Cable i bought appears not to be Dual Link so its port is not dead.

tirakyalidoktor

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
The only problem is with DisplayPort

When booting up my pc for the first time i did not receive a signal for pc-monitor connection but that was caused by a silicone particule that was stuck in mobo's cpu stock so it was fixed easily by knowing the problem.

EDIT: Well after pluggin out the power cord for a min and then plugging it back... It worked! I found this from the "Displayport no signal on ASUS VG248QE" title.