Will this pc build work? Is it high-end and future proof? Any suggestions

Sotos1331

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Hello, this is the first pc i am building and i think i found what components i would like to use :

Graphic card :MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G. 1920 Cuda Core PCIE 3.0 8 GB GDDR5 256-Bit Graphics Card - Black
CPU : Intel Core i5 6600K Processor (3.5 GHz, 8 GT/s DMI, 1150 MHz GPU, 91 W)
Motherboard : Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard
Ram : Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
HDD: : Western Digital WD10EZEX Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache SATA 6.0 GB/s 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive
PSU : Corsair VS Series VS650 80Plus
Cooler : Cooler Master RR-212E-16PK-R1 Hyper 212 Evo "Ultra High Performance, 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes, Universal CPU Cooler" Black Fan
Case : Corsair CC-9011051-WW Carbide Series SPEC-02 Windowed Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case - Black with Red LED Fan
Optical Drive : Samsung SH-224FB/BEBE 24X Internal DVD Writer with SATA - Black

The purpose of the build is for gaming mostly , as well as every-day use and programming.
Do the components fit well in the case and with each other?
Is there any mistake in the build?
The budget is around 1200 Euro.Do i need to replace any of them for a better component ?
Help me !

Will it work? Probably not.

You should replace the PSU with something better, a Seasonic G 550, EVGA G2 550, or Corsair RM550x is highly suggested.

As for the rest, drop the ram to something cheaper and use that money for a better storage device. You can get a 500GB ssd if you scrap the hdd, current ssd, and drop the ram a bit. That should make things faster

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Sure it will be faster for the few games you can fit on there, but you're severely limiting the build with this, where he will eventually need to add another drive.

What he has is the optimal setup for storage space and speed. Keep the OS and frequent programs on the SSD and then a nice big HDD to fit games, and personal files.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't agree with this advice.

Not "limiting" him by having him need another disk, that's by design ;) OP did ask for it to be future proof, and the easiest way is expand storage at a later date when there is budget
1TB is nowhere near enough storage space for many people, and neither is 250gb for main drive especially now that games come in 20GB+ packages. It's better to need to expand slow storage later than run out of SSD space for the games you really care about, after all, few people buy an SSD later on just for scratch/games. Adding a non-OS drive is probably the easiest thing to do after building after all.

Sotos1331

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Thanks a lot everyone for the advice , i will go for this PSU : EVGA SuperNova G2 550 W Gold Fully Modular Power Supply Unit .

As for the storage devices , i will keep them as it is , since i plan on putting the OC and the programms i use on daily basis there , and keep the HDD for the rest of the stuff.Also i plan on getting a spare ssd or hdd when the storage is full depending on my needs when that time come.
Again thanks for the help everyone