Tom's Account Password Reset Help

emboar9889

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
I got an email containing the code for reset my password, and another one saying that my password has been changed.... I never asked for a password reset today... but i can login apparently.
What's happening?

The two emails were sent at the same exact time....wtf
Bug?

Solution
Curious indeed. And I assume you are logging in using the same password you always used?

This could be related to some similar problems that have been reported recently, and should be a bug. We'll add this to the list of oddities as we continue to investigate. In the meantime, you may want to actually change your password, if only to be on the safe side. We'll re-prioritize things on our end and launch a more in-depth investigation to ensure that there are no security risks present.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Curious indeed. And I assume you are logging in using the same password you always used?

This could be related to some similar problems that have been reported recently, and should be a bug. We'll add this to the list of oddities as we continue to investigate. In the meantime, you may want to actually change your password, if only to be on the safe side. We'll re-prioritize things on our end and launch a more in-depth investigation to ensure that there are no security risks present.

Solution

emboar9889

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014

Well the second email i got says "Password Has been changed".
So clearly it seems to be a bug or something... idk how somebody could reset my password without the reset link i got in the first place.
And as i said, i can still login with my passord... strange

emboar9889

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014

Thanks, i'll change my passoword as you suggested.