Why does the newsletter show articles that are a week old?

gbenninger

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
Why do you publish articles that are a week old in the email? I only take a peek when there's a newsletter. I don't have time frequent the website. Basically the newsletter is pointless. Since it looks like it's generated by a script and not a person.

I've noticed over the past year or so many of the articles are already a week old. So if I post a comment no one is even looking anymore. I'm not part of the discussion at all. It's like it's a dead website. Fix the newsletter so it's not a week old and I will resubscribe.

The contest you put in the newsletter is already over.

Solution
Depending upon the newsletter in question, it may be automatically generated by the system and dispatched. The original purpose was to update users who didn't catch the big stories of the week.

You are right in that we should probably do better by curating these as they go out. It's on the radar for us.

-JP

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Depending upon the newsletter in question, it may be automatically generated by the system and dispatched. The original purpose was to update users who didn't catch the big stories of the week.

You are right in that we should probably do better by curating these as they go out. It's on the radar for us.

-JP

Solution