Best 1440p 144hz 1ms Monitors for gaming

deadmanation

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
Hi. As the title states, Should I go for the BenQ XL2730Z or the Asus ROG PG278Q (Prefer one of these) Would look for something else as well if suggested. I play alot alot of FPS games if it makes a difference. Below are the specs which includes the monitor but I'll be changing that as I need a 1440p. Thanks everyone.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tD2bKZ

Solution
Neither.
The best experience you'll get with that build is the XB271HU, which I don't suspect is a problem with that budget at $799.
Has a virtually non-existent bezel, an IPS panel, 1440p resolution, 144hz (165Hz overclockable) refresh rate and G-Sync with a 4ms response time.
Don't fall for that 1ms BS, you won't notice the difference anyway.
Most of the time it is the lowest a panel can achieve with it's pixel overdrive setting, talking a small sample size and data manipulation.
The XB270HU (the XB271HU is just an updated aesthetic version for the most part) gets an average of 5ms in TFTCentral's testing, while the BenQ XL2430T, a '1ms' monitor gets 3.6ms from memory.
Check out their reviews, they're truly very good.
Going for an...
Neither.
The best experience you'll get with that build is the XB271HU, which I don't suspect is a problem with that budget at $799.
Has a virtually non-existent bezel, an IPS panel, 1440p resolution, 144hz (165Hz overclockable) refresh rate and G-Sync with a 4ms response time.
Don't fall for that 1ms BS, you won't notice the difference anyway.
Most of the time it is the lowest a panel can achieve with it's pixel overdrive setting, talking a small sample size and data manipulation.
The XB270HU (the XB271HU is just an updated aesthetic version for the most part) gets an average of 5ms in TFTCentral's testing, while the BenQ XL2430T, a '1ms' monitor gets 3.6ms from memory.
Check out their reviews, they're truly very good.
Going for an IPS with a 1-2ms higher response time and vibrant colors as a pose to a duller TN with poor viewing angles for a little more is a no brainer in your price range.
The reason you go with the XB271HU over the PG279Q is that the PG279Q has a bit more backlight bleed due to worse QC.

Solution

deadmanation

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016

So the 4ms and 1ms is BS? Doesn't make a difference? And it's a PG278Q not PG279Q.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Acer's XB270HU signal processing is faster then Asus's PG278Q.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm:
lag.jpg

For an IPS, i'd say thats pretty good. 271HU is the same, just this review of the 270HU is older.

I know you meant the PG278Q, but that's a TN panel, and is notorious for having extreme backlight bleeding.
Also given your budget, spending that bit more (Or even less for the Dell S2716DG) for a much higher quality monitor is the best choice.
The PG279Q is identical to the XB271HU in terms of specs, but has a slightly worse panel, hence why I compared it directly.