Restore a Back up from Windows Xp to Windows 10

Virginia_7

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
I am trying to restore excel word pdf files from a back up that is labled bkf. I do not have a program that will allow me to view these files let alone download. Thanks

Solution
generally, those files are only viewable in the program that created them. they are most likely protected as well. without the program they were created in, you are unlikely to be able to open the file nor recover the data.

if you know the program, then perhaps we can help you find an old copy of it you can use to get the files open. that's about all i can offer for help

Virginia_7

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
Sorry. I didn't think of that. Drive E portable device. In windows xp I had a back wizard that let me pick and choose which excel word and pdf files I wanted backed up. I did not include settings. Just my docs

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
generally, those files are only viewable in the program that created them. they are most likely protected as well. without the program they were created in, you are unlikely to be able to open the file nor recover the data.

if you know the program, then perhaps we can help you find an old copy of it you can use to get the files open. that's about all i can offer for help

Solution