New computer won't connect to the monitor, "no signal found"

alexpurvis95

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I have turned on my new computer, all the fans are running, including the cpu cooler. I am plugging in using a DVI cable from a monitor we use on another desktop and i've tried plugging it into the GPU socket and the mobo socket, neither work. Can anyone help me?

Solution
Some are redundant and removing them would not affect the CPU functionality. But I'm not sure if the involved pin is redundant or not. I suggest RMA-ing the board.

alexpurvis95

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Mobo: ASRock z170 Pro4
GPU: MSI Armor NVidia GTX 1070
CPU: Intel 6600k i5
SSD: Kingston 240GB
PSU: Element Gaming 800W

So far i've tried with and without the GPU, and i've tried the cable plugged into the GPU and the mobo socket, i've checked all cables are plugged in the correct sockets via the mobo manual and i've set the monitor input to both auto and directly to DVI.

alexpurvis95

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
im just in the process of testing each RAM slot at the moment (with no success so far) but i've noticed when i power it up, the fans spin briefly and stop, then it starts about 2/3 seconds later...is that a problem?

alexpurvis95

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
okay so it works when a single RAM is in slot 1 but i can't get it working with 2 should i simply boot the system with 1 RAM and install windows?
also am i meant to add the other along with the graphics card later?

alexpurvis95

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Can i just get a quick opinion from you on this, so i called up ebuyer about the replacement and the guy said that since i had already tried to instal it, the warranty is void and i can't demand a replacement. Does this seem like correct procedure, just because as i am not an expert i would not have checked the cpu sockets when the product arrived, therefore i have essentially lost £90 for being an amateur...

TRENDING THREADS