No Wake-On-Lan options in Advanced Network Adapter Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjoerd69

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
Hi, I've all my PCs running on the latest Windows 10 Pro 64-bit including the latest Anniversary Update. The last time I had WOL working was when running W7. I have an ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard home built, an HP-8100, all running their respective latest BIOS, with all WOL related BIOS options enabled/set. The HP-8100 WOL was working fine way back with W7.

I've been roaming all forums and searched on all W10 WOL related articles, but none have helped. The main issue I think I have is that the WOL options don't show up in the Advanced Network Adapter properties.

The ASRock Z97 Extreme6 is connected via its Intel i218-V port, and the HP-8100 has an Intel 82578DM port. Both ports work well out of the box with the standard W10 Pro x64 Anniversary install. But no WOL options in the advanced properties whatever I try.

I've played with the Power Management settings (power saving on/off, WOL on/off, etc), rebooted. To no avail. I have tried to install the latest Intel drivers (v21.0) but Windows won't allow me to install them as it says it has the latest installed already (net1ic64.inf version 12.15.22.6).

I'm lost... I've been battling with this for two years (since going to W8) and now just want to get it resolved...

I'm just using local-LAN so far via a Netgear R7000, and not interested in WOL over Internet, just LAN is fine. I've tried different WOL tools, but without the WOL option in the advanced network adapter properties, it doesn't help. Any suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks.

Sjoerd69

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

Thanks but I am doing that and on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard UEFI BIOS I set Advanced->ACPI Config->Wake From Onboard LAN 1 to Enabled (with PCIE Devices Power On to Disabled). I have also tried the PCIE Devices Power On to Enabled, which hides the Wake From Onboard LAN 1 as a selectable option.

Still, I never see the 3 WOL options (Wake on Magic Packet, Wake on pattern match, WOL & Shutdown Link Speed) in the advanced properties of the Intel network adapters, on either desktop. Which is my main problem.

SmilingJim

Commendable
Mar 27, 2022
Hi, I've all my PCs running on the latest Windows 10 Pro 64-bit including the latest Anniversary Update. The last time I had WOL working was when running W7. I have an ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard home built, an HP-8100, all running their respective latest BIOS, with all WOL related BIOS options enabled/set. The HP-8100 WOL was working fine way back with W7.

I've been roaming all forums and searched on all W10 WOL related articles, but none have helped. The main issue I think I have is that the WOL options don't show up in the Advanced Network Adapter properties.

The ASRock Z97 Extreme6 is connected via its Intel i218-V port, and the HP-8100 has an Intel 82578DM port. Both ports work well out of the box with the standard W10 Pro x64 Anniversary install. But no WOL options in the advanced properties whatever I try.

I've played with the Power Management settings (power saving on/off, WOL on/off, etc), rebooted. To no avail. I have tried to install the latest Intel drivers (v21.0) but Windows won't allow me to install them as it says it has the latest installed already (net1ic64.inf version 12.15.22.6).

I'm lost... I've been battling with this for two years (since going to W8) and now just want to get it resolved...

I'm just using local-LAN so far via a Netgear R7000, and not interested in WOL over Internet, just LAN is fine. I've tried different WOL tools, but without the WOL option in the advanced network adapter properties, it doesn't help. Any suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks.

Did you ever get wake on Lan working?

Status
Not open for further replies.