Monitor Shows White Screen After it Wakes.

cmill78

Reputable
Feb 21, 2016
I was not sure what category to put this in so I hope it is in the right spot. Here goes:

My computer runs all day most days and the only thing that sleeps is the monitor (after about a half an hour). A shake of the mouse or a key press and the monitor wakes. However, recently, my monitor wakes with a white screen but only when on my wife's log in. Now, she has no ability to change anything in the control panel and couldn't tell you how to get to those things if you asked her. But it wakes to a white screen none-the-less. The mouse pointer is still there and often by clicking the mouse, the white screen goes away and the desktop appears. Sometimes, though, you have to left click (to bring up the little menu) to create spots of the desktop to appear where the menu was just to find your way to an icon of the start button.

This is the strangest thing my computers have ever done. My GPU is a MSI R9 390 and my monitor is a Dell 22'' (almost 7 year sold, but has had no problems other than this). I am running Windows 7 (with all latest updates) and I have an i5 4670k and 24 g of RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!