Windows 10 error 0xc000007b on boot

Danielxlasher

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
So my PC was working completely fine, but on the following day I turned on my PC and was meeted with the A2 error which I think is for msi motherboards. So to solve that I removed one of the USB ports that was connected behind my PC which Letted me boot to the log in screen in Windows 10. I was thinking to myself that was pretty unusual so I just resetted my PC again just to see if it happened again which it did. What happened next was really weird. This time instead of going into the log in screen I was met with an error in a blue screen stating that my device needs to be repaired and stuff with the error code: 0xc000007b. I tried booting into safe mode and all that stuff, but it would not let me so I'm pretty much infinitely stuck at this screen. What do I do?

Update: Ok something really weird is going on. So I removed power from my two hdds so my ssd just remains (which contains Windows 10), but when I booted it says I had to reset and pick a proper boot device. So it turns out that now one of my hdds is trying to boot to Windows. Wtf?

Update: Also I just built this PC with only my ssd, two hard drives, and my cpu being the old parts from my previous PC. So when I did boot into Windows 10 previously before the error started I always saw in the bottom right corner in my desktop stating "You need to activate Windows." Or something along those lines. I was still able to use Windows 10 normally so I just ignored it and said eh I'll just activate it later. Could this be a possibility of the issue?

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

we will try start up repair
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that works, then try this once pc starts:

right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

restart PC when its finished

update 1: this could just mean that when you installed win 10 you had both drives in the PC and win 10 may have used one of them...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

we will try start up repair
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that works, then try this once pc starts:

right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

restart PC when its finished

update 1: this could just mean that when you installed win 10 you had both drives in the PC and win 10 may have used one of them to put the boot sector. Generally helps to unplug hdd when installing win 10 as it likes to spread itself around.

update 2: No, this just means you are unactivated. Could mean the version of windows you upgraded from wasn't legit. If you buy a licence you can make this go away. It won't be causing errors.

Solution