Cant boot up my pc

justinngo1

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
My pc was working fine yesterday. When i tried to turn on my pc today it just shows the windows 10 logo afterwards it just turns to blackscreen . I tried doing a system restore but it did not work tried resetting still did not work.
Update: I got my computer to work after resetting twice. While gaming halfway the screen just turns black but i can still hear and talk to my friends through skype.

Solution
Sounds like a corruption with your Pre-OS environment. So your MBR and Boot Manager which are typically reserved for launching your machine into the OS has an issue that prevents the OS from being launched.

There's two things you can try:

1) Run Startup Repair. Sometimes you can run Startup Repair and it will repair the damaged components. There's no guarantee it'll work, but this route won't cause a loss in data, so I'd recommend running it first.

2) Reformat the machine. If Startup Repair can't repair the damaged components, only other option is to reformat. This will definitely fix it but you'll lose your data. So be careful before doing it, and backup whatever you can before you do it.

There's not much else that can be done...

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Sounds like a corruption with your Pre-OS environment. So your MBR and Boot Manager which are typically reserved for launching your machine into the OS has an issue that prevents the OS from being launched.

There's two things you can try:

1) Run Startup Repair. Sometimes you can run Startup Repair and it will repair the damaged components. There's no guarantee it'll work, but this route won't cause a loss in data, so I'd recommend running it first.

2) Reformat the machine. If Startup Repair can't repair the damaged components, only other option is to reformat. This will definitely fix it but you'll lose your data. So be careful before doing it, and backup whatever you can before you do it.

There's not much else that can be done about a corrupted boot loader. Definitely recommend that you back up your system, even a cheap disk imager like Drive Cloner works. You could always try a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx as well. Sometimes it helps adding that extra option when available.

Solution