Auto driver updating still happening despite being disabled!

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
So I'm installing latest Nvidia drivers, had everything uninstalled ready to go and a popup appears saying the display driver has been updated. Sure enough it's installed a nvidia version I don't want.

What should I do? I disabled auto device drivers in system properties. I can't manually install if this is happening.

If you disable driver updates in system properties it is only going to disable the automatic updates from Microsoft. It will not disable third party driver updates that run from the task scheduler or from a 3rd party tools like the Nvidia software all ready running on your machine.

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Right ok, but Nvidia has never auto installed for me in the past so is this new to Win 10? I should note that my Win 10 clean install is about 3 weeks old and I have only used the auto installed nvidia driver up until this point of manually installing them.

I ended up changing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching to 0 and that finally blocked the auto nvidia install. Was that the wrong way to go about it?

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
It was actually Windows update that wanted to install the nvidia driver.

Nvidia_auto_update.png

Prabhasbuddu

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

If you want to Disable updates Permanentlyhttp://techfeastpro.com/windows/disable-startup-programsapps-windows-7810/ and you want to disable your background process you need to check this Solution
if above method is not working try this one...Otherwise don't try this one
click on windows button---->search for services --->findout windows update---->open that and stop that and change it to disable enjoy viewers