Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freezing Constantly (ssd on laptop)

Cullers

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hi everyone,
I know I'm not the first but the anniversary update has buggered my laptop (Samsung). I have an ssd (boot) and hdd as my data drive. I can log in fine and everything runs alright for between 20 and 60 minutes. Then, although the cursor moves, everything has frozen. Clock stops, browser freezes, can only hard reset to start again. I can leave it on the log in screen without it crashing for as long as I want, if I log in and go to Windows 10 desktop, then it will freeze. I read that there was a fix being released yesterday but didn't see one or get one in. I've tried the various fixes other than the Intel driver one as when I downloaded it, I had the option of installing a load of different drivers but had no idea which one I was supposed to put in.
Please help

Solution
See this thread on the Microsoft Windows 10 forum:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-may-freeze-after-installing-the/5a60d75d-120a-4502-873c-8bfec65c82d0
The last post in the thread was 8/16 by a MS employee. I haven't seen any fix since then.

Good luck.

Update: 6:10 PM EDT. I see the forum Microsoft moderator has added a comment since I posted the above that the cumulative update that came out today HAS indeed fixed the problem! :) I never had the problem, so I can't speak from experience, but it sounds like good news for you and others who have had this problem.
See this thread on the Microsoft Windows 10 forum:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-may-freeze-after-installing-the/5a60d75d-120a-4502-873c-8bfec65c82d0
The last post in the thread was 8/16 by a MS employee. I haven't seen any fix since then.

Good luck.

Update: 6:10 PM EDT. I see the forum Microsoft moderator has added a comment since I posted the above that the cumulative update that came out today HAS indeed fixed the problem! :) I never had the problem, so I can't speak from experience, but it sounds like good news for you and others who have had this problem.

Solution