Upgraded my latop to free windows 10, took it on trip and now after shutting it down I cannot login using what I know is the c

Alvis9

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Can't login to the local laptop after upgrading to the free windows 10 and after a shutdown. The local computer password is 100% correct. Am not trying to login to Microsoft! Suggestions?

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have a Microsoft account set up on laptop? Can you logon to it and change your local password?

check caps lock isn't on? I know, its obvious but still.

We can't help you break into password but you could try this to copy any files/documents you need to save off it. You may need to do a factory reset or fresh install by using the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a win 10 installer on USB

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Alvis9 : "windows 10 login PROBLEMS"

If you can not log in to PC, and don't have a linked Microsoft account the there is nothing we can do to help you because it is against forum rules to tell anyone how to hack around passwords or security measures and that is the only remedy to this issue.

I know you think it is crappy that we wont help you, but when someone steals your laptop at the coffee shop and they feed us some made up lie sob story and we still tell them no, you will be glad.