Whites look dirty on IPS display

_Bata_

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
Or maybe it's just my vision? blacks look beautiful but clear colors are dirty (like it's just not white but with white variations all over). I have 65% brightness and 75% contrast. Does this happen to anyone else?

_Bata_

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

It's LG 22mp58VQ-P, i mean dirty like it doesn't look fully white, but with color variations, this image can be an example of how i percieve it (just zoom it). It might just be my eyes though, i'll try changing gamma and color saturation.

_Bata_

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

It's LG 22mp58VQ-P, i mean dirty like it doesn't look fully white, but with color variations, this image can be an example of how i percieve it (just zoom it). It might just be my eyes though, i'll try changing gamma and color saturation.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/white-leather-texture-background-36235220.jpg

_Bata_

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

Yeah it's exactly that! so i will have to tolerate these whites or is there any way to change my perception of them?

Oh, I see! :)
That monitor does indeed use quite a heavy AG coating, i'm afraid it might be something you have to put up with afaik.
Apart from fiddling around with settings as previously mentioned, I don't think there is any other way to go about it short of removing the AG coating and applying your own.
That is unless nukemaster can help you out! :p