Win 10 Graphic Driver Issues

Crazyasian123456

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
So I've been having these random occurrences where my screens (2) would essentially not display anything or a giant black box would take over the screen (ie: you can see the start menu button and the top bar of whatever window you have fullscreened). I've looked around and the closest issue was when Win10 first launched and conflicted with the NVidia drivers. Now, my computer is a new build and I installed all updates before installing any drivers. My GPU drivers were the last to be installed (1070). I've looked at event viewer and from what i can tell i get error event 4115 "Display driver failed to start, using ....... check win update for a newer driver." and "faulting app name: dwm.exe"

Every time my display acts up like that, those 2 errors consistently appear.

Has anyone encountered this before and what is the solution? I've already uninstalled then reinstalled clean NVidia drivers and checked Windows update. Short of doing a system refresh, I'm not too sure what to do.

Update 9/5: So got my system refreshed a few days ago so I could do a fresh install of the drivers. No issues till today where the same issue occurs this time with the added bonus of signing me out of my profile. Double checked event manager and this is what I found.

maI2TRD.png

First to fail was display driver, then Sync Host cacff, then a server {#s}did not register with DCOM, the winlogon is just it kicking me back to the logon screen.

Update 9/9: Yup, still getting the "Display driver failed to start...." and getting logged out of my windows session. Tried a bunch of stuff with the drivers, short of pulling my 1070, re-enabling the onboard graphics, and trying again.

Crazyasian123456

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

Yeah, I've done clean installs and reinstalls of the drivers. I actually just refreshed my PC and am going through each driver piecemeal. Not too surprised if it is a teething problem given how new the card is to the market, though you'd think they would have tested to see if it'll play well with Win 10 first.