Lock Screen Picture

Baloeb

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Sorry if this is a simple thing but it's driving me crazy. I tried out displayfusion, but didn't really like it and it's uninstalled now. But I can no longer change my lockscreen picture. It's the default windows picture of a fox. If I go to personalize it seems like everything's working. I can choose pictures and change settings and no errors pop up. But it doesn't actually change the picture. Any ideas?

Solution
try making a new local user on win 10 and see if it has the same problem.

you may want to ask on here since this is last program you tried: https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussions/

Baloeb

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
No, it seems like there is a default and a user lockscreen. Those are instructions for the default which I don't use. It didn't even have that registry location.

Colif

Win 11 Master
First, open the registry using Regedit.exe.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen
Right-click on the folder and select Export.
Save this as a backup incase this doesn't work for you.
Copy the text in my last post, starting with Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00, into Notepad.
Save the file as Update.reg.
Right-click on the file and select merge.
If you hit F5 in Regedit, you should see the new fields added.
Try to set your lock screen, You may have to close it down first then restart the settings for it to take affect.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-desktop/lockscreen-issues-on-windows-81/c51f570a-7a69-4e92-8348-3ebbed778592?auth=1

post that refers to
I fixed it on my laptop. It seems that there are missing registry keys at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen. I added the following to my registry and it fixed it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen]
"ImageId_A"="{9F5E9C6C-8359-4271-81D0-2B72817D3CDF}"
"Details_A"="ROAMING"
"ImageId_B"="{4F9143FC-E200-44C8-A55B-39084FB5C3C0}"
"Details_B"="APPID:FileManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!Microsoft.Windows.PhotoManager"
"ImageId_C"="{7C104D7F-E472-42CB-BE45-436218EEC483}"
"Details_C"="APPID:FileManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!Microsoft.Windows.FileManager"
"ImageId_D"="{F4BE80C1-0EBB-47F7-841A-E3F766DB1550}"
"Details_D"="APPID:FileManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!Microsoft.Windows.FileManager"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\FeedManager]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\FeedManager\Feeds]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\FeedManager\Selected]

Baloeb

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
I just tried that and no luck. It's weird because it seems like it is working. There aren't any errors or problems when I'm picking the lockscreen picture. It's just that nothing changes.