Cannot refresh or reset Windows 10, also cannot system restore. Help!

Etwo26

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
I recently encountered an incident where after shutting down my pc and the screen turned off, the tower remained on. I shut it down manually with the button.
The next time I turned it on something was off (no background, couldn't open personalize, couldn't open anything really) and I restarted it which prompted the advanced startup. I chose to perform a startup repair. After this my mouse and keyboard were unrecognized. After much messing around I got them working again and performed an sfc scannow. Turns out many, many of my system files are corrupted and are not repairable.
I thought no worries, I'll download the media creation tool and do an in place upgrade to repair Windows. Unfortunately the tool gets stuck at "making sure you're ready" after downloading every time. I tried it in safe mode and just got an error after the Eula.
Now I thought I'd try to reset my pc from advanced startup. This also didn't work. Said there was a problem resetting my pc. Same deal when I try to do so from within Windows, including safe mode.
I then tried a system restore which also gave me an error and couldn't complete.

I feel like I have run out of options and have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution

Please refer to this link: www.asus.com/microsite/mb/Windows_10/ to check the list of ASUS motherboard which supports Windows 10.

If the model name of your motherboard is not included in the list , or Windows 10 driver for your motherboard is not provided on ASUS support site, it means your motherboard might not be able to support Windows 10.

Etwo26

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016

As I said, I've tried the media creation tool and it doesn't work. Either it hangs on "Making sure you're ready to install" if I choose the upgrade option, if I choose the ISO option it downloads successfully but when I try to mount the ISO i get an error that says "Problem mounting file" and it won't mount.

Please refer to this link: www.asus.com/microsite/mb/Windows_10/ to check the list of ASUS motherboard which supports Windows 10.

If the model name of your motherboard is not included in the list , or Windows 10 driver for your motherboard is not provided on ASUS support site, it means your motherboard might not be able to support Windows 10.

Solution

What I did was burned the ISO file to a DVD and had no problems. I have also loaded the ISO to a USB and that worked also. Review this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3579-iso-img-file-mount-unmount-windows-10-a.html
If these methods don't work for you, then there is an underlying problem.