Acer Predator x34 Viewing Distance and Desk Size

errolng

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I was wondering if my desk is deep enough for this monitor.
My desk is 27.5 inches / 70 cm deep.

I was set on getting the Asus PG279Q but found out I could get the acer for roughly the same price.
Hope you guys can shine some light on this.
Thanks in advance!

yamataz

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
the best bet is to get a desk mount. you can remove the feet that take up the most room and clamp the mount and monitor to the back edge of the desk... it will then "float" saving tons of space.. i only know because im using one myself for two monitors , one of which is a predator

errolng

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

thanks for the suggestion.
was thinking of that but i'm still pretty keen on using the legs given.

any idea what's the depth of your desk?

yamataz

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
my desk is 48" wide by 30" deep

how the arm mount looks .. 26" of real estate in front of the monitor, and it can go back towards the wall farther

20160903_130115.jpg

errolng

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
any idea how much room is wasted behind the monitor if i were to use the stand?
thanks for the help so far btw

yamataz

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Hello,
To position your monitor in the center you will have to position the arm far to the left or right on your desk (see mine) mine is just off center as i didnt want the left 27" to stick out too far .. being a bit less wide as my desk, i would still think your arm will be fairly straight out , meaning your monitor can be flush to the back of your desk, against the wall and stay centered. I actually have mine pushed forward not touching the wall, as i was using a 43" 4k tv before this setup.. and although this with GSYNC this is leaps and bounds better, i like it a little closer, i have 8" to the wall with 3"+ to go before i hit the wall with the mount. This is with my predator mount up as high as it can go and arm straight out to the right. This thing is more than strong enough to hold the monitor, despite what you may read. some people DONT READ DIRECTIONS. theres tensioners you tighten (tools included) to keep the arm up lol.. some people..

here is links to the dual, the single desk mounts.. amazon brand .. great reviews
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MIBN71I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

errolng

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
i meant if i were to use the acer stand.
since the monitor does not sit at the back of the stand, i wanted to know how much space is between the monitor and the rear of the stand.

doesn't matter now as i just realised your desk is deeper than mine so if its too near for you it'll definitely be too near for me.
i'll most likely get the asus unless i can find a quality stand for a reasonable price.
things are more expensive here in singapore.
was looking at the ergotron arm and it costs over 300 USD here.
feel its a waste at that price.

thanks for all the help

TRENDING THREADS