GPU, monitor, or psi dying. I need help.

Kyledabaws

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
Screen freezes followed by loud "bluuuuiuurrrrrrrrrr" noise from in monitor speakers.

This issue began occuring when I'd play the battlefield 1 beta, and it was so likely, that it made the game unplayable. So I updated my drivers and went on to do what I normally do, play runescape and watch Netflix. But the same issue with my screen happened again.

Every time this happens, I have to flip the switch on my PSU and wait a few seconds before rebooting my PC. And usually while booting up, on the windows splash, my screen freezes again, requiring another restart.

After this second restart, I make it to login, where for some reason Windows says my Wireless adapter is unplugged, requiring a restart.

After this restart, everything appears to work like fine again, until the screen once again freezes

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I've concluded it's not a temperature issue. I'm going to uninstall Origin, which may have started to be the cause of the issue...? I'm not entireuly sure.

Solution
Ok so heres couple of steps to narrow down the issue...

First check the monitors drivers are updated via their website as tbis fixed a similar problem for myself.

Step two test the monitor by plugging it directly into your motherboard, this will eliminate the monitor as the cause

Check all internal components are in fully as this could be a reason for mutliple start errors

Test motherboard with paperclip test to ensure its not a power issue

Borrow secondary monitor for alternate testing .

Post any changes to issue and i might be able to help further.

Arca1397

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Ok so heres couple of steps to narrow down the issue...

First check the monitors drivers are updated via their website as tbis fixed a similar problem for myself.

Step two test the monitor by plugging it directly into your motherboard, this will eliminate the monitor as the cause

Check all internal components are in fully as this could be a reason for mutliple start errors

Test motherboard with paperclip test to ensure its not a power issue

Borrow secondary monitor for alternate testing .

Post any changes to issue and i might be able to help further.

Solution