Downgrading from Windows 10 to 7 using a bootable USB/CD (Need help)

HelpmePLEASE1111

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
So I bought a laptop and I want to 'downgrade' the laptop to Windows 7. I've tried multiple methods in the boot options, setting legacy boot mode to on/off and disabling secure boot. However I keep running into an error of "The selected boot device failes. Press <enter> .. etc"

I've tried using the CD I used on my computer years ago which I know works as I'm using now, and then I've made a fresh bootable USB but I run into the same problem.

It's a HP laptop running Windows 10. I have no clue as to why the boot devices keep failing. The only other method I can think of is to use a program to nuke the hard drive, however I doubt that will even run, or if it does, does it gaurantee the bootable usb/CD working?

HelpmePLEASE1111

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

Aren't the drivers packed with the installation? Else how would I install windows onto a clean hard drive like I did for my current set up?

Hrtguy

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
Ok just to get some things clear. You have either a flash drive OR a dvd with Windows 7 on it (Did you properly mount it?) and when you enter your computers BIOS does the USB drive appear in the list of devices.

No, drivers are not included with the installation, Windows gets these from the internet either during or after installation of your OS.

HelpmePLEASE1111

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

I have both. A disc which I used about 4 years ago to install Windows 7 to my current computer, after that failed I made a bootable USB using the official 'Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool".

I can't find anywhere in the BIOS that lists the connected USB's, but it's present in the boot order as a system. I haven't looked at my BIOS for my computer for a long time, but the HP one seems very limited.

HelpmePLEASE1111

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

HP - Pavilion 15-ab155sa

I've checked the drivers page for anything relevant to my issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master