How to remove access to files from other user account?

javanoob17

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello All,

I was working on another profile on my same system. I needed a file that was in my profile. It prompted me for admin credentials. Then after i am done with that profile i was working with, the files are still there. I want to remove my user profile/data/files from that user in which i put in my credentials for. How do i remove access for that user for my files?

Thanks,
Javanoob

Solution
What i would do is go to your user folder in users and right click it, choose properties, security and follow this to deny access to user: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-deny-access-to-files-or-folders-in-windows-vista/

So at the myuser level, not the Users folder as she needs access to her own files still

Colif

Win 11 Master
If your main profile is the only admin on PC, I wouldn't do what you want to do. You need at least one admin on PC or you will lose access to everything

What you can do is, from main profile, make your 2nd profile an admin and then it will have full rights to all files on PC without needing the password, and system won't make a copy of the file in future, it will let you change the original

Better to have two admins than none at all :)

javanoob17

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

Well what I did was logged into my wife's account. I needed some files from my profile. So what I did was from my wife's account went to C:/users/myuser. It prompted credentials. Entered credentials.

Now every time my wife logs into her account she can see my files. How can I remove my access that I placed on her profile.

It is keeping my files in her profile.

Thanks for the help again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What i would do is go to your user folder in users and right click it, choose properties, security and follow this to deny access to user: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-deny-access-to-files-or-folders-in-windows-vista/

So at the myuser level, not the Users folder as she needs access to her own files still

Solution

TRENDING THREADS