Windows 10 install stuck at logo and dots

dtorres0205

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
I bought an SSD and Win 10, which I put on a USB. I had some problems so I've tried two solutions so far (disconnecting everything but the video and keyboard cables and disabling xd bit). I went through the install process fine but the restart hung at the purple screen and I got a blue screen saying I had problems restating (driver state power failure). After it restarted Windows was "getting devices ready" and restarted again. But as of right now, the screen is still on the logo and spinning dots. What do I do? I really need help or I'm gonna rip my hair out :p

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of PC? Is it a brand name or custom?

I would normally give you instructions to go into start up repair but as you haven't set up any users yet, thats kind of pointless.

Driver power state failure is a driver error, which is odd for a install process. I don't know if the fix in step 2 would work for you: http://windowsreport.com/driver-power-state-failure-windows-8-1-windows-10/

dtorres0205

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014

It's custom and I built it a year ago. i5-4460, Asrock H97 Anniversary, 8GB RAM.

dtorres0205

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014

I did that and I went into the command prompt on Startup Repair and checked the disks. That seemed to do the trick as I now have it installed! Thanks a bunch.