Do you guys think it's safe to buy a used monitor online?

Ryan_183

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I have been looking to build a pc and i am only going to have 1000$ to make a 1080p gaming pc and i need to buy EVERYTHING so yeah from the pc parts to the OS and monitor. Needless to say it's hard i found a good build but sadly it's like 1100 bucks to make it so i was thinking of getting a cheaper used monitor.

Solution
I wouldn't. If your monitor sucks you won't be able to enjoy anything. In case you don't have much of a choice do your background check well. Internet is full of "clever" scammers. You could try saving on the os and get linux. Steam has wide variety of games for it since steam has it's own os made on top of it. Multi platform is nothing special nowadays. It's actually weird if a game has windows only support since all the major commercial game engines include linux support. by defauult. It's what I would do because I love dota, but if you have no idea what I'm talking about just ignore me. :D

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I wouldn't. If your monitor sucks you won't be able to enjoy anything. In case you don't have much of a choice do your background check well. Internet is full of "clever" scammers. You could try saving on the os and get linux. Steam has wide variety of games for it since steam has it's own os made on top of it. Multi platform is nothing special nowadays. It's actually weird if a game has windows only support since all the major commercial game engines include linux support. by defauult. It's what I would do because I love dota, but if you have no idea what I'm talking about just ignore me. :D

Solution