How can i change screen brightness In My desktop programmatically ?

_Ahtisham

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hi
I am having problem with changing the screen brightness programmatically. I actually wrote a c++ code for changing screen brightness ( using windows Api ) and each time i run my code i get this error "An error occurred while transferring data to the device on the I2C bus". Well, i checked on internet and i came to know that your monitor should support DDC/CI for changing screen brightness and guess what my monitor supports DDC2B which is a newer version of DDC. So what you guys think what should i do ?? i checked with other monitors too and got the same error message.

My specs:
windows 7 32bit
Benq T17W monitor

Solution
You don't since most monitors don't support changing brightness outside their internal menu system. The API you are discussing is meant for laptop screens using internal communications channels
I've had success using a lightweight little app called "ScreenBright": http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/ScreenBright.shtml

It works fine on my desktop to my 3x Dell 2412M monitors connected via displayport and DVI under both Win7 & 10. Allows me to adjust each manually too.

I have no idea whether it'll work for your system or displays, and it's super-basic. But probably a worth a try. Doesn't require install either, just run it.

TRENDING THREADS