Have to reinstall audio driver every 2-3 days

Mikerame

Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
Hello, i have an Asus a88xm-plus motherboard with integrated Realtek sound card. My problem is, that after a while, 2-3 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, i have to reinstall my audio driver because the sound starts to stutter when the pc is under load. For example music is being played in youtube, and i start to load a new tab in browser, or launch a game, the sound and even the mouse cursor starts to stutter untill all is loaded. Reinstalling the audio driver fixes it always but it doesnt last long. Any tip?

Solution
Current driver could be buggy: Are you reinstalling from driver file on your computer, a CD, or downloading anew via Realtek?

My suggestion would be to use Task Manager and the Resource Monitor to see if the audio driver is consuming and not releasing resources such as memory. See if the problem can be narrowed down a bit more. Maybe some other process or service is in contention with the audio driver.

Once you identify the culprit (meaning you can duplicate the problem at will) then you can focus on the fix for that problem. May or may not need to reinstall Windows 10. Make doing so the last resort.....

Mikerame

Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
Motherboard: Asus A88XM-Plus
CPU: Athlon X4 880k 4-4.2 ghz
Memory: 8gb Kingston HyperX Savage 1866 mhz
PSU: Cooler Master b500v2 500w
GPU: Asus Radeon R7 370 2gb

Ralston18

Titan
Current driver could be buggy: Are you reinstalling from driver file on your computer, a CD, or downloading anew via Realtek?

My suggestion would be to use Task Manager and the Resource Monitor to see if the audio driver is consuming and not releasing resources such as memory. See if the problem can be narrowed down a bit more. Maybe some other process or service is in contention with the audio driver.

Once you identify the culprit (meaning you can duplicate the problem at will) then you can focus on the fix for that problem. May or may not need to reinstall Windows 10. Make doing so the last resort.....

Solution