GTX 1070 on 1080p 60hz ips monitor

Hazzraz

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hi guys... straight to the point
I want to game on 1080p 60hz ips monitor and yes as you see in the title Im gonna be getting GTX 1070 single card
I dont want a gsync capable monitor neither a freeaync one with 144hz
Had hard time searching for one and didnt like any single one of them they either come with ips glow or yellow tint and a firmware bugs so I just got tired and looking to game on ips 1080P 60HZ monitor but im asking how is my experience gonna be so I get I dont want to get tearing and other similar stuff so what I should do? Im tired if this adaptive sync technology bullshit please answer me sorry for the long questions just getting things out of my heart

Solution
I do use the GTX 1070 with 1080p@60Hz IPS monitor at the moment. well 1920x1200 monitor.
The experience is good, there is no screen tearing - to avoid it, just ebable Fast Sync in nvidia control panel and disable V-Sync/Triple Buffering in games.
If you are looking for such monitor, have a look at Dell - they are very decent. The bleed/glow is not an issue. You can see it only on the black screen :)
As a side note, get higher refresh rate monitor. while 60Hz is nice, anything above 75Hz is awesome.

Hazzraz

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

i have read a lot of topics that indicates otherwise because as you know the tearing happens when you hit more fps than the monitor can refresh, my question is what should i do to have the best experience without lagging or tearing or input lag?

frank_hnd

Honorable
tearing also happens when you are not hitting the monitor max refresh rate, it happens due to the FPS from GPU and refresh rate from monitor not being synced.

do you really feel input lag with vsync on?
I'm guessing you are not a competitive CS:GO player.... a 1070 on 1080p 60Hz is wasted performance IMO. you would be better off with a 1060.

I do use the GTX 1070 with 1080p@60Hz IPS monitor at the moment. well 1920x1200 monitor.
The experience is good, there is no screen tearing - to avoid it, just ebable Fast Sync in nvidia control panel and disable V-Sync/Triple Buffering in games.
If you are looking for such monitor, have a look at Dell - they are very decent. The bleed/glow is not an issue. You can see it only on the black screen :)
As a side note, get higher refresh rate monitor. while 60Hz is nice, anything above 75Hz is awesome.

Solution

Hazzraz

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Thank you man this is indeed a relief to hear, while higher refresh rate is good and noticeable my first priority is accurate colors and ips panel but i have been looking for a 1080p 144hz monitor but they were TN panels i play all kind of games and the 60fps is more than enough for me.

btw can you explain to me how is fast-sync gonna prevent tearing? and how is your GTX 1070 performance on 1080p monitor? i intend to max out everything.

Fast Sync is a technology introduced with pascal. It uses triple buffer with a twist to avoid high latency. What it does, is that it marks the buffer with the last frame and the buffer remains untouched/updated until it is completelly transferred to the monitor (screen tearing is when two frame buffer is update while not completely drawn - parts of two or more frames on the same screen). once the frame transferred, the card marks the buffer with the latest frame as last and continues to draw in other buffers.
Well, there are some 75Hz monitors. BTW, while looking at the reviews, check if people successfully overclocked them - most modern panels/monitors can be overclocked.
My experience is awesome - everything maxed out at well above 60FPS. Waiting to buy 3440x1440 IPS monitor with native 100 or more Hz. which is not yet available.

Hazzraz

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

thanks for your fast replies, as i said im completely fine and content with 60fps

btw can you help me with a build i need a build that last 4-5 years with overclock capability and to max out every game at 60 fps my budget is $1200

monitor: 1080p 60hz (IPS panel comes with accurate colors right out of the box because i don't want to tweak too much)
GPU: im going with GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
CPU: overclockable and not bottle nick the gpu
PSU: something good and reliable
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Case: must be mate black and have good cable management and not big
SSD: should be 250gb
HDD: i don't need one atm
Motherboard: should be compatible with windows 10 and has good overclock

btw im buying these specs from B&H to ship it outside of us so please make sure it's available there

Here is your list - you know, it was at least 100$ more expensive to get it from the B&H only.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($333.39 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.27 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($154.89 @ B&H)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($42.49 @ B&H)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.00 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card ($446.98 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1214.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-07 08:01 EDT-0400

I have not selected any case, the one i'd pic i the Fractal Design Define S.
I also think that picking GTX 1060 6GB for 200$ less would be great - you will still be able to play your games maxed out on 1080p at over 60Hz.