Looking for advice on bigger monitor ...

jrau

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I'm in the market for a new monitor ... a 32" or maybe the 34" extra wide, depending on prices in the next couple months. This is a work monitor so I look at the thing 50 hours a week and it needs to be clear ... but I'm not sure what resolution I need to get that in a bigger size.

I currently have an Acer K272HUL 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) monitor with a pixel pitch of
0.233mm and for the last two years I have loved this monitor. Another person just got a 27" monitor that runs 1920x1080 resolution with a 0.311mm pixel pitch and I didn't have the heart to say it looked kind of fuzzy to me.

This is a pretty big spread in pixel pitch but I'm thinking a big monitor with a 0.233mm pixel pitch is going to be pretty pricey. Any advice on the pixel pitch I should be looking at would be appreciated.

Solution
ya that's what I'm saying on how some make a crap monitor cause they don't fully support PC - I did know this on most visio's [my buddy bought one to match mine and it was the same way ]

I like to look over the TV's manual and see how well pc use is covered like I said some just show you how to plug one in and that's about it [avoid ] and some cover pc use real well and state pc specs and a bit extra

like from mine ? quick examples I could paste ..
PC timing
1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (Native & Max)
1360 x 768 @ 60Hz
1280 x 768 @ 60Hz
1024 x 768 @60Hz
800 x 600 @60Hz

5. Full 100%
This mode is only available under PC. It will map dot by dot to the screen. Any
resolution will be proportionate.

I been using that sharp for like...
I just use a hdty 32'' and a 46'' ? just be sure it supports pc and not just say you can some hdtv's do great and some poor so you kinda got to know what to look at/ for in one .. if just office use it may not matter so much

I'm on this right now for over a year ?/

lot of reviews to look over but you may see a lot of pc use ones ?

''It works and it works good. I use this for my work computer. Plenty of features, of course the sound is a little weak but most tv's have weak built in speakers. For the price this can not be beat. Buying 2 more soon for my other computers.''

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SCEPTRE-X325BV-F-32-LED-Class-1080P-HDTV-with-Ultra-Slim-Metal-Brush-Bezel-MHL/25059349

not to say its the best or anything but so far so good for me ,, if you do buy from Wal-Mart do the extra warrantee from ''wal-mart'' so if something was to be wrong you deal with Wal-Mart nor the manufacture [hint- hint ]

good luck

my 46 '' is a older sharp

jrau

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

Interesting ... the guy who now has a 27" HD monitor tried to use a Visio 32" HD TV he had at home. He used it for two days and decided it would never work because it was too blurry when you sit close to it for work. I checked it out with a couple of my Excel workbooks and it was really poor. I'm sure it is a great TV when you sit across the room though.

I'm wondering if showing letters and numbers on a screen is a lot harder than gaming, which I think of as shapes and motion. Last night I sat really close to my 42" TV and decided that would never work, even though I always felt the TV was clear for watching things like car racing and football.

ya that's what I'm saying on how some make a crap monitor cause they don't fully support PC - I did know this on most visio's [my buddy bought one to match mine and it was the same way ]

I like to look over the TV's manual and see how well pc use is covered like I said some just show you how to plug one in and that's about it [avoid ] and some cover pc use real well and state pc specs and a bit extra

like from mine ? quick examples I could paste ..
PC timing
1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (Native & Max)
1360 x 768 @ 60Hz
1280 x 768 @ 60Hz
1024 x 768 @60Hz
800 x 600 @60Hz

5. Full 100%
This mode is only available under PC. It will map dot by dot to the screen. Any
resolution will be proportionate.

I been using that sharp for like 6 years or so and just picked this 32 up last year to make a bit more room on the desk [hard to go smaller for a week or so ] , but I use it every day work and play of games . I'm sure theres better then like that visio that's a known better brand that cant do pc too well if at all .

all I can say is download the manuals read on how well they got pc use covered try to read its user reviews from guys that have used it for pc use and there experience with it like this one I posted to you got like 3000 reviews and quite a few of them are pc users with it amd for the most part happy ??

like I said I'm not going to tell you its the best ever but all I can say for sure on it the one I got works just fine for me and I d a lot of fast fps games on it .

so will the one you got be the same in your mind ?? I cant say or guarantee that just suggest for a option

good luck

Solution