GTA V cutscene micro stuttering on Core i3 6100

phenom_x8

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I Had some problems with my newly build PC (Just the Processor, Motherboard and the RAM that actually New). GTA V have some microstuttering only in ingame CutScene at mostly high graphic setting @1080p (some on medium though and advanced graphic options turned off completely).
Meanwhile , In gameplay it felt normal, and actually much smoother than when I played it on my old rig (phenom II x4 840, 8GB DDR2 RAM) using the same GPU (GTX 660 2GB Zotac dual silencer and 372.74 geforce driver) with the same graph setting

my Rigs (all in their default value without OC):
CPU : Core i3 6100
RAM : 8 GB DDR4 RAM 2133 Corsair Value
GPU : Zotac Dual Silencer Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2GB DDR5

The difference, my mainboard (AsRock B150M Pro 4) have 2 x PCI-e 3.0x16. I put my gpu on second PCi express 3.0 x16 slot due to the layout not allowed me to put it in my first slot without constricting my Pci Ex x1 USB 3.0 add on card. Is there any possibility that this is the cause of the micro stuttering ?
Or it is due to the dual core nature of core i3 6100 ? ( I saw it on the benchmark that GTA V runs fine on this procie. although they use GTX 970 GPU class mostly)
Thanks for any answer

phenom_x8

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

Hmm... yes, it is slower FPS in cutscene than in the gameplay, but the problem is that there is annoying micro stutter occur in cut scenes that didn't occured before using my old AMD build with the same GPU. It feels weird to watch, meanwhile theres no such weird feeling before when playing on my old rig.
I'd feels curious, what can possibly cause it.

Throw away your useless USB3.0 card (the mobo already has plenty!), because you should NEVER use the second PCIe slot for video. It only runs at x4 and can certainly cause isssues. Make sure to use the topmost PCIe slot

phenom_x8

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

Worth to try though, will do it after work this evening .
Sadly this motherboard doesnt have many Rear usb 3.0 slot (just 4 of them) , thats why I still use my old add on card because my old PC case didn't come with front USB 3.0 Bracket (just four front USB 2.0 )
I just thought that it will Run at the same x16 speed when I put it in either slot like what they said in their official website ( 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, and not 1 PCIe 3.0 x16 + 1 PCIe x4 ).
Asrock Website
Are the x4 limitation of the second PCIe slot came from the limitation of the chipset (intel B150) itself ?

The website specifically says top one is x16 and bottom is x4 capable. Look in the "specifications

phenom_x8

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

hmmm...looks like I missed that one, they write 2 PCIe x16 3.0 at their overview page, and automatically my assumption goes to PCIe 3.0 equipped with x16 lanes on both slot ....
After trying to moved the graphic card to the first slot and remove my USB 3.0 add on card, the cutscenes seems normal now, no microstutter... Thanks for the suggestion .... it definitely works...

Good to hear. There's a reason why the instruction manual exists ;)