Laptop hardware changes has been detected.

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Hello everyone. I've got a problem on my laptop. I was playing GTA V and talking with my friend over Skype. And the My computer decided not to connect to internet. So I tried to restart. To restart it took really long time, so I decided to press the power button to force reboot.When the laptop started, it said the it detected hardware changes, and it told me to restart. But I know that I didn't even open the laptop's bottom cover and change anything. Sometimes the sound disappears, but it can be fixed by shutting down or restarting. Also when the message is shown the screen starts flashing. Please help.

Solution
xfire is what the laptop uses to swap between cards so that desktop run by one and games run by another. I know it has other uses like making games look better but on laptops, its main purpose is to give you a power efficient desktop and good looking games at the same time.

videobear

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
That sounds like a component has failed. For example, does your laptop have a dedicated graphics chip? If it does, and it failed, the graphics probably defaulted to the on-CPU integrated graphics.

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
On AMD Radeon Settings, on gaming tab settings it shows me two GPU tabs "AMD Radeon R6 Graphics" "AMD Radeon R5 M230 Series", and how do I fix so that everything would go back to normal and it wouldn't show me the message. And I have a sound problem too. Every time I Close the lid an reopen it gives me no sound, even when trying to use media player, or maybe it's just every time i close the lid I leave GTA V opened. What to do

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Also I used AMD auto detect tool, and it only detected the weaker GPU. And now GTA V seems more laggy. I can't find AMD Catalyst Control Centre.
Please do not ignore.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from The Strange : "Windows Detected Hardware changes"

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Please help, right now I even have more problems. Like the desktop icon spacing becomes really bad, too big spaces between icons.Before
n63HA0S.png
After
yIAyYra.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you got Asus live update installed? If so, run it and see if any new drivers for laptop. If you don't have it, look here under utilities: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X550ZE/HelpDesk_Download/

If that didn't help, right click start menu
choose device manager
are there any unknown devices here?

see if this helps

choose settings/update & security/recovery/advanced start up - restart PC now
on next menu, choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
see if there is a date here prior to when change occured and pick it
this will roll system back to the date and possibly fix this problem.

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Well I would try System restore solution, but I don't like messing with complete system stuff, and also, would it fix the problem with the desktop, where the icons are too far away?

Colif

Win 11 Master

I don't know. Did you try updating drivers?

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I updated the drivers, when I was on Windows 10, trying to play Need For Speed Rivals, updating didn't fix the game, instead red screens with no text, and lagged sound. Well I think I just have to get used to the window that pops up, and the desktop icon spacing

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Yeah, I would do it, but the computer is not completely mine, it's like a main computer, and I don't even know where is that kind of place, because I live in lithuania, and also I bought it from an tech store, but I can live with that, as long it doesn't completely kill the laptop

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Oh, and I've noticed, that the message popup is not Windows Message, it's an AMD program, and with the icon spacing, I believe that is because I run the game in smaller than my laptop resolution

Colif

Win 11 Master

What is the message saying? (I cannot believe I didn't ask about this before)

Icon spacing should go back to default once you stop a game. I wonder if its cause you using the onboard graphics in game and its using same settings on desktop. It still shouldn't do that, but it would explain it, Normally games use the other gpu which your machine is ignoring, and whatever changes you make in game only apply to it.. but if you use same card for both game and desktop it seems it shares the spacing.

The Strange

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
"Normally games use the other gpu which your machine is ignoring, and whatever changes you make in game only apply to it.. but if you use same card for both game and desktop it seems it shares the spacing. " I think it's because I used AMD CrossFire, to use both GPUs, so I'm going to disable it now, because I thought it will increase gaming perfromance

Colif

Win 11 Master
xfire is what the laptop uses to swap between cards so that desktop run by one and games run by another. I know it has other uses like making games look better but on laptops, its main purpose is to give you a power efficient desktop and good looking games at the same time.

Solution