Can work see my browsing history? - Personal Google Account, Chrome sync?

Razor56

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hello,

Did not know where to put this, would be really grateful if you had some expert opinion.

I recently made a google account that I use at work, it is entirely personal and has no connection to work I made it myself.

I use it at work.... anyway I accidentally logged in on my mobile phone while at home, while using my network/wifi and browsed stuff that was quite personal and not suitable for work. When I went back to work the following week I found when I typed something into google the recommended searches were what I had been browsing on my mobile.

I quickly went into my google account settings, went into the history and deleted it.

I checked my the generic history in the google chrome application at work, it only showed what I had been browsing at work

Would my employer be able to see what I had been browsing at home?

P.S - (I did not search anything of what I had been at home at work when I saw it, I literally went straight to the google account and deleted the history)

nan0s7

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
The only way for your employer to see what you've been searching at home while at work, is to look at your computer while you're looking at the history of your google account, or to log into your account and view your history. So if you've got a good password on your account, don't have any weird program that saves your history to the work hard drive (very unlikely), and don't search anything NSFW (not safe for work) while at work, then no one at work, but you, will know what you've viewed. So all in all there isn't any need for you to worry, unless you're working for some top secret business that looks through every single packet sent in an out of the network and monitors that exactly (again, very unlikely).

Gayu__

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016