Ultra Wide Curved Monitor for Video Editing?

Nervly

Honorable
Sep 7, 2016
Greetings!

I've been looking into some pretty nice Ultra Wide Curved monitors, like the LG 34UC97, and I eventually decided that getting a Ultra Wide monitor for my video editing would be a great choice. However, what about curved? I absolutely love how it looks but I'm worried that it might cause some sort of distortion on horizontal lines in the Timeline for instance, or while using other software like After Effects and the such. What are your thoughts on this? Does it really disturb the creator in that regard or does it not affect anything at all? Would a flat monitor be a better choice?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
If I were getting an ultra-wide monitor then I'd definitely go for the curved ones because flat wide monitors will be a pain to watch all day and may suffer from color shift, distortions. As curved monitors are designed to directly face to our eyes, they will be not only a pleasure to work with and you can blindly trust on their performance without caring about distortions. Also, for video editing, ultra wide monitors are extremely useful. Therefore, I would recommend you to go with the LG 34UC97, this thing is damn beautiful.
Regards.

xxBlackSoulxx

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
If I were getting an ultra-wide monitor then I'd definitely go for the curved ones because flat wide monitors will be a pain to watch all day and may suffer from color shift, distortions. As curved monitors are designed to directly face to our eyes, they will be not only a pleasure to work with and you can blindly trust on their performance without caring about distortions. Also, for video editing, ultra wide monitors are extremely useful. Therefore, I would recommend you to go with the LG 34UC97, this thing is damn beautiful.
Regards.

Solution