Help on Computer monitor!

Name4Game

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Ok. So I was studying for a couple hours and was on the web but I go to shut off and you can see the top of the chrome browser clearly in even though its shutting off, its as if the search bar was imprinted on but looks kind of faded. Also I booted it up and the mark is still there as if it bled through the monitor. Is this what they call bleeding? If so how can I fix this?

Solution
Nevermind, I guess its called burn-in (my first encounter with this issue). I only freaked out for a good 15 minutes, the slight image seems to have faded and there are youtube videos that fix the issue.

Name4Game

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Nevermind, I guess its called burn-in (my first encounter with this issue). I only freaked out for a good 15 minutes, the slight image seems to have faded and there are youtube videos that fix the issue.

Solution
It's good practice to turn your monitor off between sessions throughout the day until you finally shut down at night.

You could set up a screensaver but I avoid them as they can cause unpredictable drain on resources & tend to kick in when CD burning or transferring large amounts data - - screwing up the whole process.