Multiple Keyboards and Mice In Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbatum083

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015
I've noticed this for a while, but never really thought much about it, until I bought a new keyboard the other day. In device manager, under keyboards, I have five HID keyboard devices listed, along with my mouse for some reason. Under mice, I have two HID-compliant Mice listed, and my Razer Deathadder Chroma, which is also listed with keyboards. I personally have no clue as to why this would be, but it certainly seems redundant. My new keyboard isn't listed at all, but when I unplug it with device manager open, I see two of the HID keyboard listing go away. I haven't tried that with my mouse, but I suspect it might yield a similar result. If it is of any importance, my new keyboard is a Corsair STRAFE. Thanks.

Solution
Well I don't know what to tell you for that, peripherals can interact with windows in strange ways. My only recommendation for the latter two problems would be to uninstall and reinstall drivers for the devices, along with unplugging/re-plugging in to different ports. That might fix the problem.
Those are more than likely just drivers from old devices you had plugged in to your computer. I had like 15 old devices registered on my HP tower until I cleaned it up. You should be able to just uninstall the older ones that aren't in use.

Barbatum083

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015

That makes sense I reckon, but I still wonder why my mouse is listed under keyboards and why my current keyboard seemingly occupies two of the five HID keyboard listings. I would like to see my actual keyboard listed by name or close to it, if that is even possible.

Well I don't know what to tell you for that, peripherals can interact with windows in strange ways. My only recommendation for the latter two problems would be to uninstall and reinstall drivers for the devices, along with unplugging/re-plugging in to different ports. That might fix the problem.

Solution

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
My Device Manager shows eight KBs and even when I uninstall every one then reboot it still shows eight. A few weeks ago it was only showing two but now eight. I think some of the newer models made in Asia have different chips that cause responses for driver signatures thus adding additional listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.