Computer not turning on after crash

TheMostManlyMan

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
I'd accidentally hit the power button on my computer's case, the Windows shutting down screen appeared. Being an accident, I didn't actually want my computer to shut down, so I hit the cancel button. It turned off anyways, I didn't see exactly what happened because I wasn't expecting any sort of issue to arise, but it seemed to have turned off quite a bit quicker than it should have, hence why I said it crashed. Now my computer won't turn on at all, I've tried unplugging it, bleeding the power for 45 minutes or so, and nothing. The PSU fan won't even turn on, but what's weird is that the light on the microphone I have connected to it goes on whenever the power is connected.

I put this under Windows 10 because it's been a very, reliable *home built* computer and all this happened when it tried to shut down, and, of course, because the mic is still getting power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TheMostManlyMan

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

I removed the battery for a good 15 minutes or so and, unfortunately, nothing has changed.

TheMostManlyMan

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

UPDATE: I left it plugged in and started doing other things out of frustration and I hit the power button again for kicks and giggles and it's working now. Not sure if resetting the CMOS did it or if it was just a weird but but it's working again. Thanks!