Asus VX279H help with settings/calibration

teoiliev

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hello
I just bought asus VX279H monitor, not bat and not giving me eye strain and headache like mine old monitors.

Anyways main question here is can someone help with settings/calibration, asus build in modes are totaly shit and useless. Colors have nothkng with reality i tried whatever comes to mine head and nothinf. Any help will be good.

Monitor is runing via hdma and on ATI r9 390 cars

Thanks

Blue17

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
Im Using the same monitor. I have gtx 1070 and have set Digital vibrance to Max. From monitor's settings; I use Game mode.. Brightness 70, Contrast 75, Saturation 45. ASCR off, and sharpness to 40.

hope this helps, It took me alot of time to find these settings. And im satisfied with it now

teoiliev

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
No idea i cant decide but for sure colors are not even real nothing real i try whatever comes to mine mind red so many about vx239 which is same dosplay as mine but less inches and basicly nothing helps. Only i know realy this monitor dont get me headache as mine old dell 2412

kafad_

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-l_mhq0mFbpV0F0RExoZTQzbE0 hey use the picture in the link above to help you get better black levels. if your problem is what i think it is you will not be able to see the black cloth behind the key chain. what i did was switch to game mode; and what that does is increase the brightness and contrast drastically. at this point you will be able to see the cloth but all the other colors on you desktop will be off. now go into your color menu and take down the brightness to your preferred level (40 is good). at this point use the desktop (icon and background), folder appearance, and pictures you know how they should look to get the rest of the settings right. my setting are mode: gaming, brightness: 40, contrast: 45, and saturation: 37. your will vary. remember the cloth should be barely visible