Unable to change user account name

TIGERSHARK27

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
It's probably not what you're initially thinking. If I go to Settings, and then Accounts, it shows my username as Adam (the name I want, so that is good). I am administrator by the way. If I go to File Explorer, open up my SSD (C: Drive), and Users, it shows me as "Local user". I seem to end up having frustrating permission problems, with being denied access, even though I am the only user. I want to change the "Local user" name to Adam (even if that doesn't solve the permissions problem, that is what this post is technically questioning).

Solution
I'm not sure I understand.

If you click "THIS PC" then right-click "Documents" you can see the folder path. It should say "C:\users\Adam" so the Documents, Pictures, Downloads etc is off this folder path.

What are your permissions problems?

All I can suggest is reinstalling Windows since I don't know what went wrong, and frankly dealing with changing anything there could make things worse.
I'm not sure I understand.

If you click "THIS PC" then right-click "Documents" you can see the folder path. It should say "C:\users\Adam" so the Documents, Pictures, Downloads etc is off this folder path.

What are your permissions problems?

All I can suggest is reinstalling Windows since I don't know what went wrong, and frankly dealing with changing anything there could make things worse.

Solution