Upgrading my computer. [URGENT]

seanm1999

Honorable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi i have a windows 10 pc and i recently bought windows 10 pro along with new hardware including an m.2 ssd so i would like to install windows 10 pro on the ssd. The one problem I have right now is how do i delete everything from my current sata ssd and hard drive so i can install a fresh copy of windows 10. I want to know the answer asap so i can build my pc.

Solution

I wouldn't delete everything. Just unplug your old SSD. Install the new copy fresh on your new SSD. Then do a cold start on the computer, go into BIOs settings and set the boot order to boot from the new ssd. Turn it off, plug in the old ssd and on power up it should boot from the new ssd and you will have all your old data available to transfer if you want. If you...

leoscott

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

I wouldn't delete everything. Just unplug your old SSD. Install the new copy fresh on your new SSD. Then do a cold start on the computer, go into BIOs settings and set the boot order to boot from the new ssd. Turn it off, plug in the old ssd and on power up it should boot from the new ssd and you will have all your old data available to transfer if you want. If you don't want to transfer you should be able to just reformat the old ssd and that will easily delete all the old data.

Solution