Tactical Warfare In VR: 'Onward' Is The VR Shooter For Military Simulation Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
>Onward adopts the touchpad locomotion system that StressLevelZero used for Hover Junkers.

Thanks, you stopped me from buying a game that I'd find unpleasant. Other than teleportation, arm-swinging is the only locomotion method that doesn't make me sway.

I'd consider buying this game, I like the realism. Graphics are not great but the game play it self looks fantastic. Now just have to hope my childhood motion sickness issues do not become an issue now. :ouch:

The developers know where your hands and head are, how hard could it possibly be to draw human arms attached to those hands?

Sharky36566666

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Love the idea and the concepts. A map idea for you. an office building. A 4 floor 4 building complex with long sky walks connecting the 4 buildings on the top 3 floors in a square shape footprint. Perhaps with parts of its roof on fire. One team spans at the top, and has to get to the bottom ( or kill all other team) the second team starts at the bottom and has to get to the top ( or kill all other team). The open area building floors will also have some smaller offices as well, allowing for a range of combat style and weapons. The long 'glass' sky walks are perfect for effective troop movement, but also perfect for snipers.

You can incorporate repelling from the fire escapes, all the room clearing tactics would be key, hide and seek, could be very intense, anti personal devices like proximity sensors and motion tracking assets the users can place around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS