Just built pc, powered on and it's not showing anything on monitor

Spencer Lewis

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I think it could've been because I used too much thermal paste... I don't know if cooler masters stock paste is conductive, so I don't know.

My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MetalheadDraggy/saved/

I have tried reseating the cpu multiple times, checking to make sure every cable is plugged in, and nothing, I am fairly certain the psu, gpu, fans, and cpu cooler work, I have ram in ddr3 slots 1 and 2 and so forth, the light on my case displays, so I know it powers up.

There is no beeping from motherboard. That's all I know

Solution
Hello... 1) Did you have any trouble getting the Main Power/PS connector into your MB? Did you support the back of the MB and get the connector far enough down in the MB to latch the connector?

2) Were you confused on any of the connectors positions or locations?

3) Can you post a few over head img's/digitals to give us a look? the case button connectors, CPU fan connectors, etc?

Spencer Lewis

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

Apologies I figured out the problem, I realized it should go directly into the GPU and not the motherboard. It works perfectly now minus one other problem, evne though I have the cooler master 212 EVO my CPU runs at around 65 C just idling or surfing web, which I hear is high. I tried making sure the heatsink was screwed down and I got it very well on there, but it is still doing this, I am wondering if Cpuid is just glitching or something because my computer seems to run perfectly fine without lag.

download amd overdrive
http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/over-drive

check the thermal margin under the cpu status tab at idle & at load (push an artificial load with prime95 or intel burn test),essentisally the only accurate way to measure temps.
Third party software has a hard time reading temps off fm2+ boards.

Solution

Spencer Lewis

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

I love all of you guys. It shows 31 C which I hear is perfectly normal. Thank you guys so much for the help in making my first ever PC build a fantastic experience.

TRENDING THREADS