Help with Wifi Cards

Mentalish

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
So on my Mobo I have an PCIE x16 that im going to be fitting a graphics card into that will take up two slots and cover my x1 slot up. What I have left is a PCI slot, I know its kne crap of a board layout but Im going to be upgrading down the line to something better.

What Im looking for is for a PCI wifi card that works with windows 10 and the only one Ive seen to stumble across is this TL-WN851ND if you let windows 10 give it basic drivers. I have no access to a ethernet jack in my room and Ive also been looking at the power line solutions but have been hesitent.

Solution
I've got a TP-Link USB wifi adapter, it works pretty well when i need to use WiFi.

I personally am not the biggest fan of using PoE.

for about the same price you can also look at these products, you can trust all of them pretty well.

D-Link DWA-548

TP-Link TL-WN881ND (one you already listed)

Edimax EW-7612PIN

ASUS PCE-N15

if you were curious, yes PCI-E will work in perfectly fine in your full length PCI lane.

hope this helps a little

warhead0

Distinguished
I've got a TP-Link USB wifi adapter, it works pretty well when i need to use WiFi.

I personally am not the biggest fan of using PoE.

for about the same price you can also look at these products, you can trust all of them pretty well.

D-Link DWA-548

TP-Link TL-WN881ND (one you already listed)

Edimax EW-7612PIN

ASUS PCE-N15

if you were curious, yes PCI-E will work in perfectly fine in your full length PCI lane.

hope this helps a little

Solution

Mentalish

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
I thought PCIE didnt work with per say old PCI slots. I might pick up the TP link card I posted and let windows 10 give kt generic drivers.

If not I might go with one of the mid tier USB wifi adapters. Im just paranoid about them not handling the stress.(my current one is the TP Link Black Nano at 2.4 GHZ 300 MBPS.)

The motherboard that I have is the MSI A68HM Grenade if you want to look at it.

EDIT: Going tk go with a X1 PCIE Riser that I will put under when ai put the video card in and pray it works.