GTX 1070 Or New PSU with RX 480?

Mac070

Admirable
BANNED
So basically i have a budget of $375. I currently run the Raidmax Vampire 700W 80+ Gold Modular Continuous. Should i just buy a 1070 and keep the Raid max psu or should i buy a seasonic and a RX 480 and crossfire down the road?
Thanks- Just wanna get some more ideas

Mac070

Admirable
BANNED
I mean i kinda wanna just get a RX 480 since im kinda a AMD fan . Then crossfire them later on giving the 1080 a run for its money. AMD has always had good scaling

really ?
I like the scaling with CF https://youtu.be/DUCZmit99v0?t=5m5s . not that nvidia is much better.
Honestly, i'm not a fanboy, i get whatever does best for my money. AMD is not the case on both CPU and GPU for last decade.
You can go whatever route you want, IMHO multi gpu is not worth the trouble when there are single cards for similar performance.
I can totally understand 2xGTX 1080 for maxed out 4k with minimum 60FPS, but otherwise it's not worth it.

Mac070

Admirable
BANNED
Thats the RX 470 and AMD has most likely patched that. I mean i dont have enough money for the 1080 . I do for the 1070 but i dont want to risk it on this power supply. Thats why i want to get the RX 480 with a seasonic.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mainly play Battlefield 1 , Battlefield 4 , Rocket League , Black Ops and GTA 5 on a 2560x1080. So wouldnt the RX 480 be enough for 1080p on those games to max them out?

"maxing out" is never even a good idea. There's always settings like that kill performance and FPS while offering not too much improvement to the visuals. What's smart it to enable the highest graphics improvement / performance toll ratio settings and disable the lowest graphics improvement / performance toll settings. There are always going to be games you can't max out.

The only purpose of maxing out games it to gain mental satisfaction that you are maxing out games; 5 years ago, we loved maxed out games so why should we consider that graphical quality any less today? It's the machine. It's what the graphics companies want everyone to think. If people just realize that graphics look beautiful on medium even, then there won't be such a dire need for everyone to get max settings!

Think of the future. Max settings today are low settings in some number of years. So why do we even bother thinking max settings look nice at all today? Because in 5 years, when low = 2016 max, we will be thinking, "ugh, I don't want low settings" but if they are the equivalent of max settings today why do we want max settings so bad if we know they are actually low-end? 480p movies look a lot more real than 4K maxed out games still.

Okay my rant is done. :)

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

I agree.

Mac070

Admirable
BANNED
Well what settings Kill FPS and proved no visuals. And what settings are good to turn up that give visuals? I mean i want to play 1080p with almost all of the visuals i can turn on to make the game look really realistic.

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

Just to warn you though, some games don't work well with multi GPU's which is why I would recommend saving for the 1070 and a new PSU instead.

Mac070

Admirable
BANNED
Yah but listen when it does work ill be getting performance nipping at the heels of the 1080
Now the very few games that dont support it i wont even play
Now games that will support it but not the best. Ill still most liekyl be getting the performance of the gtx 1070.
Still even one single RX 480 sounds like plenty for me.

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

Yeah the RX 480 would be enough for 1080p gaming and be better on Directx 12 but a Crossfire is what I'm not really into, but it's your choice and I respect that.